Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Field Research - Berry Plastics

 One of the things I have been doing a lot of over these first few weeks back to the hobby is going out and doing some research in the area that I intend to model.  One area I found on Google Maps that looked interesting is Berry Plastics in Tolleson AZ.  I am pretty sure that this specific industry was not around in the early/mid 1990s but that does not mean there is not a lot of good modeling references to be had.

The over-head piping for off-loading the cars is a neat detail.

Both the industrial siding and the switch lead are paved up to track level.  Makes me wonder if at one time they off-loaded from both tracks.

I was going back trough my old photos on my computer and it turns out I had researched this same industry in 2007.  That was the last time I was serious about model railroading and I had the same basic plan in my head back then.  I had forgotten all about these pictures.  Turns out things have not changed much in 13 years.







I know that some of these details will make it into my layout.  Plastics manufacturing is a big deal on this line so I will have a couple of industries like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Year in Review and Looking Ahead to 2024

  The New Year brings and opportunity to look back on the old year and reflect on how things have gone, and perhaps, learn some lessons that...